After solving the movement issue of servo, I started thinking about how to put all these electronic parts into my plush toy. First, I moved one of power supplies to mini breadboard and attached it on the Arduino board. Here I simply used both hot glue and tape.
Toys were having fun to hang out together!
Matt's toy (with accessories made by Hsiang Ju and me) + Hsiang Ju's duck
The box made of cardboard was used to protect the circuit and provide a platform for servo to stand. Two batteries would be legs of the toy.
Everyone was working hard =)
I started sewing the skin of my toy. It's a lot of work, trust me.
My toy's head.
I got a plastic clown nose from Halloween Adventure, ha ha, and I used it as the head part, just the perfect size. Servo’s fan was attached on the plastic ball by hot glue, and the same, connected the plastic ball and the fur head skin. So toy’s head would turn to specific angles that I set when motor was triggered.
However, I made a mistake here. Without making sure where eyes would be, I hot glued the head skin with the plastic red ball. When I wanted to sew the IR sensor on its head, I found it’s hard to separate the fabric from the ball. Since I couldn’t mount the IR sensor at the right place, toy’s eyes were much lower than I originally expected.
Putting on its skin continuously.
Final review document
the testing video is on the way.
to be continued...