1. This is my tiny stuffed Gorilla, when you squeeze the toy it speaks. (Pre-Dissection)
2. I made the incision on his back along the seam.
3. This is the cut in his/her back.
4. Once the cut was made I was able to remove a small project inclosure.
5. This is the project enclosure its tiny and self contained, there is no sensors or wires strung or sewn into the toy itself.
6. I slowly removed the lid of the enclosure there were not screws holding the lid on, just four plastic latches that were easily forced open without breaking the enclosure. Once the piece was fully open I removed the 3 button cell batteries.
7. The batteries were held in small compartment on the underside of the project enclosure held inside but a small sliding door that was easily removed.
8. We can see here the toy is made up of several parts. The most colorful being the PCB Board in which everything is soldered to. The black blob that looks like a piece of wax is some sort black plastic. Underneath that black blob is a controller that tells the speaker was information to playback. Its sealed off the under this black substance to prevent anyone from modifying the information on it. The next most obvious piece is the speaker which is wired directly to the board as well. Also we find a small blue resistor controlling the amount of electricity coming in form the positive end of the battery. The batteries are held inside that white rectangle to the right of the circuit. The batteries can be accessed from the opposite side of the enclosure. Last in the actual switch which is that grey piece of rubber, when the switch is pushed down the piece of rubber pushes on a switch closing the circuit, ultimately letting electricity flow activating the speaker.
9. The way this switch works within the toys is slightly different. Two springs have been mounted on the sides of the box keeping it pushed slightly open at all times.
10. The speaker lies directly above the PCB board in the lid, when the box pushed closed the speaker pushes the grey button making the box speak. When the box is nestled within the stuffing of the Gorilla toys belly, squeezing the entire toy activates the switch making the toy ape speak.